Simpliv Learning: A rising new platform to learn Machine Learning and Data Science online
Today’s post talks about Simpliv Learning, an online learning platform we’ve come around with some pretty good content on Machine Learning and Data Science for beginners.
What is Simpliv Learning?
Simpliv is a global online learning marketplace that transforms lives by offering online training on a wide variety of topics. Created with the aim of making education accessible to all, Simpliv removes barriers to education among all communities, imparts life skills to learners, and bridges gaps in learning through cost-effective courses.
Simpliv believes that learning has no boundaries. It brings learning to any person who wants to learn, whether it is management, technology, life sciences, or any other subject of interest. The platform has a lot of extremely cheap, high quality courses and also a lot of free material to get you up and running on many topics of interest.
While the platform has courses on a wide variety of topics like self-development, or finance, the tech and specially the IT space is its core value proposition.
Machine Learning and Data Science courses
As we mentioned earlier the core of the courses of the platform are the technology ones. In our case, we were specially interested in the Machine Learning and Data Science ones. Some of the most interesting courses that we found are the following ones:
- Machine Learning with Java and Weka
- Learn By Example: Statistics And Data Science In R
- Machine Learning In The Cloud With Azure Machine Learning
- Machine Learning With AWS
- Practical Deep Learning: Image Search Engine
We looked around, inspected the contents, tried a few ones, and reached the following conclusions:
- The courses are very cheap (less than 10$ in most cases) and for what they cover, they are worth it.
- Some of them treat very specific topics, which we think is great. Many platforms like Udemy or Coursera (mostly Udemy in this regard) have very generalist courses like ‘Machine Learning with Python’ or ‘Data Science 101’ which despite being very good for beginners, hardly cover any topic in depth. Having courses like Machine Learning With AWS is something great as we think it gets pupils very comfortable with a specific piece of software or tool, which later when looking for a job (or actually working) is very valuable. In this regard they are similar to the Machine Learning with Google Cloud and Tensorflow Course, which we’ve reviewed before.
- Some courses are quite short (5-6h of content and exersises) and also very cheap. We think this is cool because it allows you to quickly cover them in a day or two and easily learn a new topic. Don’t feel like going out today and spending 20$ on dinner? Stay home, spend half of that and learn how to implement Machine Learning in iOS apps.
We will make some specific course reviews in the future, but from a first look at the courses and at the content of the platform we think this could be a very good place to take your first steps in Machine Learning and Data Science.
To keep learning these topics, a great complement to the courses can be the books found on our section: Machine Learning books. Also, for more reviews on other courses don’t forget check out our Online courses section!
- Lakshmanan, Valliappa (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 405 Pages - 11/24/2020 (Publication Date) - O'Reilly Media (Publisher)