The best Artificial Intelligence & Data Science Conference in the world!
What is the Open Data Science Conference?
The Open Data Science Conference gathers the attendees, presenters, and companies that are shaping the present and future of AI and data science. It is one of the most well-known conferences on these fields, and yearly it hosts some of the largest gatherings of professional data scientists, with major conferences in the USA, Europe, and Asia.
As there are a couple of OSDC events on the way, we thought we would let you know more about them, as we will be assisting virtually and think it would be interesting for you too dear reader.
Conferences like these are one of the best ways to keep your knowledge up to date, learn about the most recent advances in Academia, as well as the State of the Art Industry practices from experts worldwide. Their talks are given by top scholars, or experts from some of the worlds best Machine Learning and Data Science companies like DataRobot, Neo4j, or Avanade.
The APAC Virtual Open Data Science Conference
OSDC is hosting The Virtual Open Data Science Conference APAC, (more info and registration here) in just a couple of weeks, on the 15th and 16th of September, so hurry and take a look at their schedule. Some of the OSDC APAC’s confirmed talks include:
● Data Science Supporting Clinical Decision Making: What, Why, How? – Karin Verspoor, PhD | Dean, Fellow School of Computing Technologies at RMIT University | Australasian Institute of Digital Health
● Federated Learning and Privacy – Reza Shokri, PhD | Presidential Young Professor of Computer Science at Data Privacy and Trustworthy Machine Learning Research Lab | NUS
● Vision Transformer and its Applications – Rowel Atienza, PhD | Professor, Scientist |
University of the Philippines
With a Full Access Training Pass to the conference, you’ll get access to 26+ expert-led workshops and hands-on training sessions, including:
● NLP in Ecommerce – Mathangi Sri | Head of Data – GoFood | Gojek
● Deep Reinforcement Learning based RecSys Using Distributed Q-table – Ravi Ranjan | Senior Data Scientist | Publicis Sapient
● Model, Task and Data Engineering for NLP – Shafiq Rayhan Joty | Assistant Professor | Senior Manager at NTU Natural Language Processing Group | Nanyang Technological University, Salesforce AI.
Go to their site and check out the line up of speakers, because it is the elite of the Machine Learning and Data Science world.
As the conference is virtual, you can enjoy it from the warmth of your house, while having a warm cup of coffee and take notes on your computer as you go. Also, you can jump from talk to talk easily, without having to move around, network on the conference platform, and a lot more.
OSDC APAC Ticket Giveaway
We are giving away 10 tickets to the Open Data Science APAC conference. In order to apply, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Twitter. We will announce the winners on the 10th of September, one week before the event!
While books like The Elements of Statistical Learning are a great way to learn the fundamentals of Data Science and Machine Learning, they are static resources.
Timeless in a way, they provide us the basic knowledge to get into the field, while conferences like the Open Data Science Conference allow us to learn how to actually apply this knowledge to real world scenarios, different industries, and use cases. We love them, and we hope to see you there.
They have more conferences upcoming, so stay tuned as we will be making posts about those too!
- The 100 page Machine Learning Book
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn & Tensorflow.
- Deep Learning with Python by Francois Chollet.
- Coursera: Machine Learning by Andrew Ng
- Complexity Explorer: Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Udemy: Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp.
Tags: Open Data Science Conference, Osdc, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.